Definition of Role Reversal
Examples of Role Reversal
Role Reversal Pronunciation
Syllabification: role re·ver·sal
- American English – /rOHl ri-vUHR-suhl/
- British English – /rOHl ri-vUHR-suhl/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /roʊl rɪˈvɜrsəl/
- British English – /rəʊl rɪˈvɜːsəl/
- Plural: role reversals
- The terms “role reversal” and “social role reversal” are used interchangeably in a sociological context.
- Variant spelling: role-reversal
- Role Theory Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “role” and “reversal” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “role reversal.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved February 22, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/role-reversal/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
role reversal. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/role-reversal/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “role reversal.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed February 22, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/role-reversal/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“role reversal.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 22 Feb. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/role-reversal/>.