Biography of Auguste Comte (1798–1857), a French philosopher, considered the founder of sociology.
(noun) A small group of influential people that often form, lead, or train a larger organization; nucleus.
(noun) A greater-than-expected level of cancer cases in a group of people within a defined geographic area over a period of time.
1. (noun) In an economic sense, any asset that produces or can be used to produce income goods or services; 2. (noun) Any asset, either tangible or intangible, that can be used used to produce an outcome.
(noun) The flow (flight) of capital away from one country or investment into another.
(noun) An economic system based on market competition and the pursuit of profit, in which the means of production are owned privately by individuals or corporations.
(noun) An estimated value of a business.
(noun) The tendency for children to enter the same or similar occupations as their parents.
(noun) The amount of people that an area of land can support based on the amount of available resources.
1. (noun) One unit in a sample; 2. (noun) One example or instance in a study.
(noun) A detailed and in-depth study of a single case, involving an event, group, individual, or organization.
1. (noun) A stratified system of categorization based on a status conferred at birth (ascribed status) based on descent, in which individuals do not have mobility due to custom or law; 2. (noun) A group and the individual members of a group within a caste.
(noun) A stratified system based on a status conferred at birth (ascribed status) due to an individual’s descent in which individuals do not have mobility due to custom or law.
(noun) A group of people who happen to be at the same location at the same time.
(noun) The intentional absence of sexual activities.
(noun) A group marriage in which any member may have sexual relations with any other members of the group.
1. (noun) An official count of a population typically taken at regular intervals; 2. (verb) Take a census.
1. (noun) An individual, aged 100 years old or older; 2. (adjective) Relating to an individual 100 years old or older.
(noun) A type of power legitimated by perceived extraordinary characteristics that inspires devotion and obedience from followers.
(noun) An act of terrorism using chemical agents.