The Open Education Sociology Dictionary (OESD) is seeking contributors and peer reviewers from all fields of the social sciences. Academics in all stages of their careers who want to share their knowledge are cordially invited to participate. From late-career academics who have a wealth of experience in learning and teaching to early-career academics seeking to build their professional profile.
The OESD is a continually updated online dictionary and proudly part of the Open Educational Resources movement. The overall intention of the project is to collect, curate, and freely distribute sociological knowledge specifically, and social science knowledge in general. This resource is accessed by students, teachers, and curious individuals worldwide.
Bell teaches both sociology and education classes at the University of Wollongong and the University of Sydney.
Jake Holman, Research Assistant
Claire E. Seaman, University of Wollongong
- attrition; constant; control group; correlation; correlation coefficient; cross-sectional analysis; cross-sectional data; dependent variable; experiment; experimental group; hypothesis; independent variable; longitudinal study; negative correlation; positive correlation; social category; spurious relationship; statistic; statistical independence; variable
- doing gender – Candace West and Don H. Zimmerman
- e-self – Joseph A. Kotarba
- familification – Todd L. Goodsell
- habitualization – Peter Berger and Thomas Luckmann
- McDonaldization – George Ritzer
- missing class – Katherine S. Newman and Victor Tan Chen
- patriarchal dividend – R.W. Connell
Want to Help?
Please use the contact form below if you are interested in contributing or peer reviewing.
Please enter your contact details and a short message below and I will try to answer your query as soon as possible.