Definition of Role Partner
Example of Role Partner
- The parent role is defined in relation to the child role and the teacher role is defined in relation to the student role.
Role Partner Pronunciation
Syllabification: role part·ner
- American English – /rOHl pAHRt-nuhr/
- British English – /rOHl pAHt-nuh/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /roʊl ˈpɑrtnər/
- British English – /rəʊl ˈpɑːtnə/
- Plural: role partners
- The terms “role partner” and “social role partner” are used interchangeably in a sociological context.
- Variant spelling: role-partner
- Role Theory Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “role” and “partner” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- role conflict
- role exit
- role expectation
- role performance
- role reversal
- role segregation
- role set
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “role partner.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved February 19, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/role-partner/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
role partner. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/role-partner/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “role partner.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed February 19, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/role-partner/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“role partner.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 19 Feb. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/role-partner/>.