Definition of Ecoterrorism
Example of Ecoterrorism
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˌikoʊˈtɛrəˌrɪz(ə)m/
- British English – /ˌiːkəʊˈtɛrərɪz(ə)m/
- Plural: ecoterrorisms
- An act of ecoterrorism is referred to as ecotage.
- Variant spellings:
- ecological terrorism
- Also called:
- ecological warfare
- environmental terrorism
- A (noun) ecoterrorist commits (adjective) ecoterroristic acts (adverb) ecoterroristically to create (noun) ecoterror.
- Ecological and Environmental Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Food and Agriculture Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Terrorism Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- domestic terrorism
- environmental sociology
- nuclear terrorism
- subsistence strategy
Ferris, Kerry, and Jill Stein. 2010. The Real World: An Introduction to Sociology. 2nd ed. New York: Norton.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “ecoterrorism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved November 16, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/ecoterrorism/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
ecoterrorism. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/ecoterrorism/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “ecoterrorism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed November 16, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/ecoterrorism/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“ecoterrorism.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 16 Nov. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/ecoterrorism/>.