Definition of Subsistence Strategy
Examples of Subsistence Strategy
Subsistence Strategy Pronunciation
Syllabification: sub·sis·tence strat·e·gy
- American English – /suhb-sIs-tuhns strAt-uh-jee/
- British English – /suhb-sIs-tuhns strAt-i-jee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /səbˈsɪstəns ˈstrætəʤi/
- British English – /səbˈsɪstəns ˈstrætɪʤi/
- Plural: subsistence strategies
- Also called subsistence pattern.
- Food and Agriculture Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “subsistence” and “strategy” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- cultural ecology
- cultural environment
- hunting and gathering
- physical environment
- slash and burn
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “subsistence strategy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 22, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/subsistence-strategy/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
subsistence strategy. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/subsistence-strategy/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “subsistence strategy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 22, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/subsistence-strategy/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“subsistence strategy.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 22 Oct. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/subsistence-strategy/>.