Definition of Environmentalism
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (en·vi·ron·men·tal·ism)
- Plural: environmentalisms
- Word origin of “environmentalism” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Anderson, David G., and Eeva K. Berglund, eds. 2003. Ethnographies of Conservation: Environmentalism and the Distribution of Privilege. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Argyrou, Vassos. 2005. The Logic of Environmentalism: Anthropology, Ecology and Postcoloniality. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Barry, Tom, and Beth Sims. 1994. The Challenge of Cross-border Environmentalism: The U.S. – Mexico Case. Albuquerque, NM: Resource Center Press.
- Loftus, Alex. 2012. Everyday Environmentalism: Creating an Urban Political Ecology. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Milton, Kay, ed. 1993. Environmentalism: The View from Anthropology. London: Routledge.
- cultural ecology
- environmental racism
- environmental sociology
- human ecology
- physical environment
- subsistence strategy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “environmentalism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 24, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/environmentalism/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
environmentalism. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/environmentalism/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “environmentalism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 24, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/environmentalism/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“environmentalism.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 24 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/environmentalism/>.