Definition of Numeric Variable
Examples of Numeric Variable
Numeric Variable Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (nu·mer·ic var·i·a·ble)
- Plural: numeric variables
- Numeric variables are used in quantitative research.
- Numeric variables are used in response to “how many” or “how much” questions, such as “How many times a week do you drink coffee?” or “How much do you weigh?”.
- Also called numerical variable.
- Quantitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “numeric” and “variable” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- random sample
- spurious correlation
- statistical analysis
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “numeric variable.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 21, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/numeric-variable/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
numeric variable. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/numeric-variable/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “numeric variable.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 21, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/numeric-variable/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“numeric variable.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/numeric-variable/>.