Definition of Statistical Analysis
Example of Statistical Analysis
Statistical Analysis Pronunciation
Syllabification: sta·tis·ti·cal a·nal·y·sis
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /stəˈtɪstɪkəl əˈnæləsəs/
- British English – /stəˈtɪstɪkəl əˈnæləsɪs/
- Plural: statistical analyses
- Statistical analysis is used in quantitative research but typically not in qualitative research.
- Quantitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “statistical” and “analysis” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- dependent variable
- independent variable
- negative correlation
- positive correlation
- spurious correlation
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “statistical analysis.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 10, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/statistical-analysis/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
statistical analysis. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/statistical-analysis/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “statistical analysis.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 10, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/statistical-analysis/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“statistical analysis.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 10 Dec. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/statistical-analysis/>.