Definition of Administrative Sociology
Example of Administrative Sociology
- A newly elected governmental official uses sociological methods to understand local customs and mores to improve services provided to citizens.
Administrative Sociology Pronunciation
Syllabification: ad·min·is·tra·tive so·ci·ol·o·gy
- American English – /uhd-mIn-uh-stray-tiv soh-see-AH-luh-jee/
- British English – /uhd-mIn-i-struh-tiv soh-si-O-luh-jee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ədˈmɪnəˌstreɪtɪv ˌsoʊsiˈɑləʤi/
- British English – /ədˈmɪnɪstrətɪv ˌsəʊsɪˈɒləʤi/
- Plural: administrative sociologies
- A type of applied sociology; other types of applied sociologies include:
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. 5th ed. 2011. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Random House Webster’s College Dictionary. 1997. New York: Random House.
Turner, Bryan S., ed. 2006. The Cambridge Dictionary of Sociology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “administrative sociology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved January 20, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/administrative-sociology/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
administrative sociology. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/administrative-sociology/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “administrative sociology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed January 20, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/administrative-sociology/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“administrative sociology.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 20 Jan. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/administrative-sociology/>.