Definition of Support
(noun) Anything that aids in the adoption and enforcement of a policy.
Example of Support
- An ad campaign that that advocates against drunk driving or a public that endorses strong drunk driving laws.
- American English – /suh-pORt/
- British English – /suh-pAWt/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /səˈpɔ(ə)rt/
- British English – /səˈpɔːt/
- Plural: supports
- A (noun) supporter (verb) supports a policy and is (adjective) supportive.
- Politics and Policy Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “support” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- political system
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “support.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved September 26, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/support/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
support. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/support/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “support.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed September 26, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/support/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“support.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 26 Sep. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/support/>.