Definition of State-sponsored Terrorism
Examples of State-sponsored Terrorism
State-sponsored Terrorism Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- American English
- /steɪt ˈspɑn(t)sərd ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/
- British English
- /steɪt ˈspɒnsəd ˈtɛrərɪz(ə)m/
- American English
- Syllabification: (state spon·sor·ed ter·ror·ism)
- Plural: state-sponsored terrorisms
- The term “State” does not have to be capitalized, but typically is in legal documents and is capitalized here for differentiation.
- Variant spelling: state sponsored terrorism
- A (noun) state-sponsored terrorist commits (adjective) state-sponsored terroristic acts (adverb) state-sponsored terroristically to create a (noun) state-sponsored terror.
- Terrorism Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “state” and “sponsor” and “terrorism” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- chemical terrorism
- domestic terrorism
- international terrorism
- state autonomy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “State-sponsored terrorism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved September 17, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/state-sponsored-terrorism/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
State-sponsored terrorism. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/state-sponsored-terrorism/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “State-sponsored terrorism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed September 17, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/state-sponsored-terrorism/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“State-sponsored terrorism.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 17 Sep. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/state-sponsored-terrorism/>.