Definition of Secondary Aging
Example of Secondary Aging
Secondary Aging Pronunciation
Syllabification: sec·ond·ar·y ag·ing
- American English – /sEk-uhn-dair-ee AY-jing/
- British English – /sE-kuhn-duh-ree AY-jing/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈsɛkənˌdɛri ˈeɪʤɪŋ/
- British English – /ˈsɛkəndəri ˈeɪʤɪŋ/
- Plural: secondary agings
- The act or process of aging is called senescence.
- Secondary aging is contrasted to primary aging.
- Aging and Social Gerontology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Medical Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “secondary” and “aging” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- activity theory
- continuity theory
- disengagement theory
- life expectancy
- primary aging
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “secondary aging.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved February 5, 2023 (https://sociologydictionary.org/secondary-aging/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
secondary aging. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/secondary-aging/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “secondary aging.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed February 5, 2023. https://sociologydictionary.org/secondary-aging/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“secondary aging.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 5 Feb. 2023. <https://sociologydictionary.org/secondary-aging/>.