Examples of Core Nations:
Audio Pronunciation: (core na·tions)
Download Audio Pronunciation: core nations.mp3
- Plural: core nations
- Immanuel Wallerstein (born 1930), a key theorist in world-systems theory developed the typology of core nations, semiperipheral nations, and peripheral nations.
- Word origin of “core” and “nation” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- McMichael, Philip. 2017. Development and Social change: A Global Perspective. 6th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Nash, Kate. 2010. Contemporary Political Sociology: Globalization, Politics, and Power. 2nd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Robertson, Roland, and Kathleen E. White, eds. 2003. Globalization: Critical Concepts in Sociology. London: Routledge.
- Sassen, Saskia. 2007. A Sociology of Globalization. New York: Norton.
- Wallerstein, Immanuel. 1974. The Modern World-system. New York: Academic Press.
- Wallerstein, Immanuel. 2004. World-systems Analysis: An Introduction. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- Immanuel Wallerstein – Personal Website: iwallerstein.com
- Immanuel Wallerstein – Yale University: yale.edu
- Theory Talk – Immanuel Wallerstein on World-Systems, the Imminent End of Capitalism and Unifying Social Science: theory-talks.org
- World-Systems Archives: wsarch.ucr.edu
- World-systems theory – Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia: wikipedia.org
- dependency theory
- global perspective
- peripheral nations
- semi-peripheral nations
- world-systems theory
How to Cite the Definition of Core Nation
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “core nation.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 16, 2018 (https://sociologydictionary.org/core-nations/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
core nation. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/core-nations/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “core nation.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 16, 2018. https://sociologydictionary.org/core-nations/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“core nation.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2018. <https://sociologydictionary.org/core-nations/>.