Definitions of Global Perspective
- (noun) A viewpoint that posits the world as the sum of complex, interconnected parts.
- (noun) A viewpoint that tries to understand the place or places of individuals, groups, cultures and societies in the world and how they relate to each other.
Example of Global Perspective
- Studying the implications of economic policies of illegal drug use not only locally, but also where a drug is produced, and the supply chain.
Global Perspective Pronunciation
Syllabification: glob·al per·spec·tive
- American English – /glOH-buhl puhr-spEk-tiv/
- British English – /glOH-buhl puh-spEk-tiv/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈgloʊbəl pərˈspɛktɪv/
- British English – /ˈgləʊbəl pəˈspɛktɪv/
- Plural: global perspectives
- Word origin of “global” and “perspective” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- What are global perspectives? | Global Education: globaleducation.edu.au
- global assembly line
- global city
- global commodity chain
- global inequality
- media globalization
- technological diffusion
Macionis, John. 2012. Sociology. 14th ed. Boston: Pearson.
Macionis, John, and Kenneth Plummer. 2012. Sociology: A Global Introduction. 4th ed. Harlow, England: Pearson Education.
Merriam-Webster. (N.d.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “global perspective.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved March 31, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/global-perspective/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
global perspective. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/global-perspective/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “global perspective.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed March 31, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/global-perspective/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“global perspective.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 31 Mar. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/global-perspective/>.