Definition of Policy
Examples of Policy
- The syllabus distributed to students at the beginning of a class.
- The student handbook of a school.
- American English – /pAHl-uh-see/
- British English – /pOl-i-see/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈpɑləsi/
- British English – /ˈpɒlᵻsi/
- Plural: policies
- The terms “policy” and “social policy” are used interchangeably in a sociological context.
- A (noun) policy maker makes policies.
- Crime and Law Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Politics and Policy Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “policy” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Wilson, William J. 1987. The Truly Disadvantaged: The Inner City, the Underclass, and Public Policy. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “policy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 13, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/policy/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
policy. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/policy/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “policy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 13, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/policy/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“policy.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 13 Aug. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/policy/>.