Definition of Family Size
Example of Family Size
- Quinn and Harley have a child; their family size is three.
Family Size Pronunciation
Syllabification: fam·i·ly size
- American English – /fAm-lee sIEz/
- British English – /fAm-uh-lee sIEz/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈfæməli saɪz/
- British English – /ˈfæmɪli saɪz/
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “family” and “size” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- blended family
- conjugal family
- extended family
- family life cycle
- family of orientation
- family planning
- family of procreation
- family role
- single-parent family
- skipped generation family
- symmetrical family
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “family size.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved July 10, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/family-size/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
family size. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/family-size/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “family size.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed July 10, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/family-size/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“family size.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 10 Jul. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/family-size/>.