Definition of Androsexuality
(noun) Attraction towards males, masculinity, or men.
Examples of Androsexuality
- Gay men that express desire for men.
- Heterosexual women that express attraction for men.
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (an·dro·sex·u·al·i·ty)
- Plural: androsexualities
- Androsexuality is contrasted to gynesexuality.
- An (noun) androsexual is (adverb) androsexually attracted to men.
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Rosenblum, Karen Elaine, and Toni-Michelle Travis. 2016. The Meaning of Difference: American Constructions of Race, Sex and Gender, Social Class, Sexual Orientation, and Disability. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Encyclopædia Britannica. (N.d.) Britannica Digital Learning. (https://britannicalearn.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “androsexuality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 20, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/androsexuality/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
androsexuality. (2016). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/androsexuality/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “androsexuality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 20, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/androsexuality/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“androsexuality.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2016. Web. 20 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/androsexuality/>.