Definitions of Androcracy
- (noun) Authority, government, or rule by men.
- (noun) Any society or culture that is controlled by men.
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (an·dro·cra·cy)
- Plural: androcracies
- Androcracies are androcentric.
- Androcracy is constrasted to gynocracy.
- An androcracy is (adjective) androcentric and functions (adverb) androcentrically.
- Word origin of “androcracy” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Rosenblum, Karen Elaine, and Toni-Michelle Travis. 2016. The Meaning of Difference: American Constructions of Race, Sex and Gender, Social Class, Sexual Orientation, and Disability. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “androcracy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 20, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/androcracy/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
androcracy. (2016). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/androcracy/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “androcracy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 20, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/androcracy/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“androcracy.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2016. Web. 20 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/androcracy/>.