Definitions of Gynocracy
- (noun) Authority, government, or rule by women.
- (noun) Any society or culture that is controlled by women.
- Plural: gynocracies
- Gynocracies are gynocentric.
- Gynocracy is constrasted to androcracy.
- A gynocracy is (adjective) gynocentric and functions (adverb) gynocentrically.
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “gynarchy” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
Encyclopædia Britannica. (N.d.) Britannica Digital Learning. (https://britannicalearn.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Princeton University. 2010. WordNet. (https://wordnet.princeton.edu/).
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “gynocracy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved May 29, 2020 (http://sociologydictionary.org/gynocracy/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
gynocracy. (2016). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from http://sociologydictionary.org/gynocracy/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “gynocracy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed May 29, 2020. http://sociologydictionary.org/gynocracy/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“gynocracy.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2016. Web. 29 May. 2020. <http://sociologydictionary.org/gynocracy/>.