(noun) How ownership rights and asset use are determined.
Audio Pronunciation: (al·lo·ca·tion of re·sour·ces)
Download Audio Pronunciation: allocation of resources.mp3
- Plural: allocations of resources
- Also called resource allocation.
- An (noun) allocator (noun) allovatively (verb) allocates (adjective) allocatable resources.
- Word origin of “allocation” and “resource” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Beckert, Jens, and Milan Zafirovski, eds. 2005. International Encyclopedia of Economic Sociology. London: Routledge.
- Biggart, Nicole Woolsey, ed. 2002. Readings in Economic Sociology. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Dobbin, Frank, ed. 2004. The New Economic Sociology: A Reader. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Dodd, Nigel. 2014. The Social Life of Money. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Fine, Ben, and Dimitris Milonakis. 2009. From Economics Imperialism to Freakonomics: The Shifting Boundaries between Economics and other Social Sciences. London: Routledge.
- Jackson, William A. 2009. Economics, Culture and Social Theory. Cheltenham, United Kingdom: Edward Elgar.
- Landsburg, Steven E. 2012. The Armchair Economist: Economics and Everyday Life. Rev. ed. London: Simon & Schuster.
- O’Boyle, Edward J., ed. 1996. Social Economics Premises, Findings, and Policies. London: Routledge.
- Portes, Alejandro. 2010. Economic Sociology: A Systematic Inquiry. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Smelser, Neil J., and Richard Swedberg, eds. 2013. The Handbook of Economic Sociology. 2nd ed. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Steiner, Philippe. 2011. Durkheim and the Birth of Economic Sociology. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Economic Sociology and Political Economy – Oleg Komlik: economicsociology.org
- Economic Sociology – The European Website: econsoc.mpifg.de
- Association for Social Economics: socialeconomics.org
- Economic Sociology Section – American Sociological Association: asanet.org
- History of Economics Society: historyofeconomics.org
- International Association for Feminist Economics: iaffe.org
- International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics: icape.org
- Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics: sase.org
- Society of Heterodox Economists: business.unsw.edu.au
- allocation of resources
- division of labor
- economic system
- market economy
- market exchange
- reciprocal exchange
- subsistence economy
- unit of production
How to Cite the Definition of Allocation of Resources
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “allocation of resources.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 19, 2018
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
allocation of resources. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from http://sociologydictionary.org/allocation-of-resources/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “allocation of resources.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 19, 2018. http://sociologydictionary.org/allocation-of-resources/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“allocation of resources.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. K