Definition of Market Exchange
Example of Market Exchange
- Farmers take their crops to a local market and sells them to the public.
Market Exchange Pronunciation
Syllabification: mar·ket ex·change
- American English – /mAHR-kuht iks-chAYnj/
- British English – /mAHk-it iks-chAYnj/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈmɑrkət ɪksˈʧeɪnʤ/
- British English – /ˈmɑːkɪt ɪksˈʧeɪnʤ/
- Plural: market exchanges
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “market” and “exchange” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- allocation of resources
- division of labor
- economic system
- market economy
- reciprocal exchange
- subsistence economy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “market exchange.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved February 29, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/market-exchange/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
market exchange. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/market-exchange/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “market exchange.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed February 29, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/market-exchange/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“market exchange.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 29 Feb. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/market-exchange/>.