Definition of Redistribution
Example of Redistribution
- A potlatch, which is a ceremonial feast where large amounts of gifts are given by a host to guests or property is destroyed to display the host’s superior wealth, sometimes to the host’s own detriment.
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (re·dis·tri·bu·tion)
- Plural: redistributions
- A (noun) redistributionist or (noun) redistributor (verb) redistributes (adjective) redistributable or (adjective) redistributional or (adjective) redistributive goods.
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “redistribution” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- allocation of resources
- division of labor
- economic system
- market economy
- market exchange
- reciprocal exchange
- subsistence economy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “redistribution.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 22, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/redistribution/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
redistribution. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/redistribution/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “redistribution.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 22, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/redistribution/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“redistribution.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 22 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/redistribution/>.