Definition of Unit of Production
Example of Unit of Production
- Basket weavers within a society are the unit of production for producing baskets.
Unit of Production Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (u·nit of pro·duc·tion)
- Plural: units of production
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “unit” and “production” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- allocation of resources
- division of labor
- economic system
- market economy
- market exchange
- reciprocal exchange
- subsistence economy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “unit of production.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 21, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
unit of production. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “unit of production.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 21, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“unit of production.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/>.