Definition of Unit of Production
Example of Unit of Production
- Basket weavers within a society are the unit of production for producing baskets.
Unit of Production Pronunciation
Syllabification: u·nit of pro·duc·tion
- American English – /yOO-nuht uhv pruh-dUHk-shuhn/
- British English – /yOO-nit UHv pruh-dUHk-shuhn/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈjunət ʌv prəˈdʌkʃən/
- British English – /ˈjuːnɪt ɒv prəˈdʌkʃən/
- Plural: units of production
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “unit” and “production” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- allocation of resources
- division of labor
- economic system
- market economy
- market exchange
- reciprocal exchange
- subsistence economy
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “unit of production.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved July 30, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
unit of production. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “unit of production.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed July 30, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“unit of production.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 30 Jul. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/unit-of-production/>.