(noun) A process of learning about, accepting, and adapting to an innovation.
Audio Pronunciation: (so·cial ac·cep·tance)
Download Audio Pronunciation: social acceptance.mp3
- Plural: social acceptances
- Social acceptance used in a sentence: Social acceptance of the Internet grows every day.
- Blum-Kulka, Shoshana. 1997. Dinner Talk: Cultural Patterns of Sociability and Socialization in Family Discourse. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Chari, Sharad, and Stuart Corbridge. 2008. The Development Reader. London: Routledge.
- Jackson, David J. 2009. Entertainment & Politics: The Influence of Pop Culture on Young Adult Political Socialization. 2nd ed. New York: Peter Lang.
- Rogoff, Barbara. 2003. The Cultural Nature of Human Development. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
- cultural contact
- social acceptance
Kendall, Diane. 2006. Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials. 5th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.