(noun) A process of learning about, accepting, and adapting to an innovation.
Audio Pronunciation: (so·cial ac·cep·tance)
Download Audio Pronunciation: social acceptance.mp3
- Plural: social acceptances
- Social acceptance used in a sentence: Social acceptance of the Internet grows every day.
- Word origin of “social” and “acceptance” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Blum-Kulka, Shoshana. 1997. Dinner Talk: Cultural Patterns of Sociability and Socialization in Family Discourse. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Chari, Sharad, and Stuart Corbridge. 2008. The Development Reader. London: Routledge.
- Jackson, David J. 2009. Entertainment & Politics: The Influence of Pop Culture on Young Adult Political Socialization. 2nd ed. New York: Peter Lang.
- Rogoff, Barbara. 2003. The Cultural Nature of Human Development. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
- cultural contact
- social acceptance
Collins English Dictionary: Complete and Unabridged. 6th ed. 2003. Glasgow, Scotland: Collins.
Encyclopædia Britannica. (N.d.) Britannica Digital Learning. (https://britannicalearn.com/).
Merriam-Webster. (N.d.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Scott, John, and Gordon Marshall. 2005. A Dictionary of Sociology. New York: Oxford University Press.
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
How to Cite the Definition of Social Acceptance
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “social acceptance.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved March 25, 2019 (http://sociologydictionary.org/social-acceptance/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
social acceptance. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from http://sociologydictionary.org/social-acceptance/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “social acceptance.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed March 25, 2019. http://sociologydictionary.org/social-acceptance/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“social acceptance.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 25 Mar. 2019. <http://sociologydictionary.org/social-acceptance/>.