Definition of Cenogamy
Examples of Cenogamy
- Four people who are married and engage in sexual activities with each other.
- Quinn, Alex, Elliot, and Tracy practice cenogamy in a group marriage and have sex with each other one-on-one or as a group.
- Plural: cenogamies
- A type of marriage, polyamory, and polygamy.
- A (noun) cenogamist (adverb) cenogamously engages in a (adjective) cenogamous or (adjective) cenogamistic marriage.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “cenogamy” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “cenogamy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved November 13, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/cenogamy/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
cenogamy. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/cenogamy/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “cenogamy.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed November 13, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/cenogamy/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“cenogamy.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 13 Nov. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/cenogamy/>.