(noun) An estimated value of a business.
Audio Pronunciation: (cap·i·tal·i·za·tion)
Download Audio Pronunciation: capitalization.mp3
- Plural: capitalizations
- Castro, Barry. 1996. Business and Society: A Reader in the History, Sociology, and Ethics of Business. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Joseph, Martin. 1996. Sociology for Business: A Practical Approach. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Polity Press.
- Portes, Alejandro. 2010. Economic Sociology: A Systematic Inquiry. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Economic Sociology and Political Economy – Oleg Komlik: economicsociology.org
- Economic Sociology – The European Website: econsoc.mpifg.de
- Association for Social Economics: socialeconomics.org
- Economic Sociology Section – American Sociological Association: asanet.org
- History of Economics Society: historyofeconomics.org
- International Association for Feminist Economics: iaffe.org
- International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics: icape.org
- Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics: sase.org
- Society of Heterodox Economists: business.unsw.edu.au
Black, John, Nigar Hashimzade, and Gareth Myles. 2010. A Dictionary of Economics. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press.
Bruce, Steve, and Steven Yearley. 2006. The SAGE Dictionary of Sociology. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Law, Jonathan, ed. 2010. A Dictionary of Accounting. 4th ed. New York: Oxford University Press.
Princeton University. 2010. WordNet. (http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
How to Cite the Definition of Capitalization
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “capitalization.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 16, 2018 (https://sociologydictionary.org/capitalization/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
capitalization. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/capitalization/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “capitalization.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 16, 2018. https://sociologydictionary.org/capitalization/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“capitalization.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2018. <https://sociologydictionary.org/capitalization/>.