2. (adjective) Of or relating to work done by such individuals.
Audio Pronunciation: (white-collar)
Download Audio Pronunciation: white collar.mp3
- Plural: white-collars
- Type: white-collar crime
- Word origin of “white-collar” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Coleman, James William. 1994. The Criminal Elite: The Sociology of White-collar Crime. New York: St. Martin’s Press.
- Friedrichs, David O. 1996. Trusted Criminals: White Collar Crime in Contemporary Society. Belmont: Wadsworth Publishing Company.
- Sutherland, Edwin Hardin. 1949. White Collar Crime. New York: Dryden.
- organized crime
- victimless crime
Ferris, Kerry, and Jill Stein. 2010. The Real World: An Introduction to Sociology. 2nd ed. New York: Norton.
Macionis, John, and Kenneth Plummer. 2012. Sociology: A Global Introduction. 4th ed. Harlow, England: Pearson Education.
Macmillan. (N.d.) Macmillan Dictionary. (https://www.macmillandictionary.com/).
Random House Webster’s College Dictionary. 1997. New York: Random House.
Scott, John, and Gordon Marshall. 2005. A Dictionary of Sociology. New York: Oxford University Press.
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Thompson, William E., and Joseph V. Hickey. 2012. Society in Focus: An Introduction to Sociology. 7th ed. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
How to Cite the Definition of White-collar
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “white-collar.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 16, 2018 (https://sociologydictionary.org/white-collar/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
white-collar. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/white-collar/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “white-collar.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 16, 2018. https://sociologydictionary.org/white-collar/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“white-collar.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 16 Dec. 2018. <https://sociologydictionary.org/white-collar/>.