Syllabification: so·cial ger·on·tol·o·gy
- American English – /sOH-shuhl jair-uhn-tAHl-uh-jee/
- British English – /sOH-shuhl je-ron-tOl-uh-jee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈsoʊʃəl ˌʤɛrənˈtɑləʤi/
- British English – /ˈsəʊʃəl ˌʤɛrɒnˈtɒləʤi/
- Plural: social gerontologies
- Aging and Social Gerontology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Death and Dying Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “social” and “gerontology” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- activity theory
- continuity theory
- disengagement theory
- life expectancy
- secondary aging
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “social gerontology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved February 29, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/social-gerontology/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
social gerontology. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/social-gerontology/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “social gerontology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed February 29, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/social-gerontology/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“social gerontology.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 29 Feb. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/social-gerontology/>.