Definition of Nonlinguistic Symbol
Examples of Nonlinguistic Symbol
- A status symbol, such as an expensive car or custom tailored suit, convey symbolic meaning.
- Body language, such as interpreting facial expressions as indicators of moods.
Nonlinguistic Symbol Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (non·lin·guis·tic sym·bol)
- Plural: nonlinguistic symbols
- Variant spelling: non-linguistic symbol
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “nonlinguistic symbol.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 21, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/nonlinguistic-symbol/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
nonlinguistic symbol. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/nonlinguistic-symbol/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “nonlinguistic symbol.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 21, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/nonlinguistic-symbol/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“nonlinguistic symbol.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/nonlinguistic-symbol/>.