Definition of Intercultural Marriage
Intercultural Marriage Pronunciation
Syllabification: in·ter·cul·tur·al mar·riage
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˌɪntərˈkʌlʧərəl ˈmɛrɪʤ/
- British English – /ˌɪntəˈkʌlʧərəl ˈmærɪʤ/
- Plural: intercultural marriages
- A type of exogamy and marriage.
- Intercultural marriages confront the practice of homogamy.
- Variant spelling: inter-cultural marriage
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “marriage” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- common-law marriage
- open marriage
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “intercultural marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved November 28, 2023 (https://sociologydictionary.org/intercultural-marriage/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
intercultural marriage. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/intercultural-marriage/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “intercultural marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed November 28, 2023. https://sociologydictionary.org/intercultural-marriage/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“intercultural marriage.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 28 Nov. 2023. <https://sociologydictionary.org/intercultural-marriage/>.