Audio Pronunciation: (o·pen mar·riage)
Download Audio Pronunciation: open marriage.mp3
- Plural: open marriages
- A type open relationship and polyamory.
- Open marriage used in a sentence: My partner and I are exploring the idea of an open marriage.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “open” and “marriage” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Coltrane, Scott. 2004. Families and Society: Classic and Contemporary Readings. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Walker, Rebecca, ed. 2009. One Big Happy Family: 18 Writers Talk About Open Adoption, Mixed Marriage, Polyamory, Househusbandry, Single Motherhood, and Other Realities of Truly Modern Love. New York: Riverhead Books.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
How to Cite the Definition of Open Marriage
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “open marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 16, 2018 (https://sociologydictionary.org/open-marriage/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
open marriage. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/open-marriage/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “open marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 16, 2018. https://sociologydictionary.org/open-marriage/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“open marriage.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2018. <https://sociologydictionary.org/open-marriage/>.