Definition of Egalitarian Society
Example of Egalitarian Society
- Hunting and gathering societies.
Egalitarian Society Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (e·gal·i·tar·i·an so·ci·e·ty)
- Plural: egalitarian societies
- Egalitarian society is compared and contrasted to a rank society or stratified society.
- Word origin of “egalitarian” and “society” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Giddens, Anthony. 1973. The Class Structure of the Advanced Societies. London: Hutchinson.
- Grusky, David B., ed. 2014. Social Stratification: Class, Race, and Gender in Sociological Perspective. 4th ed. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Kerbo, Harold Ray. 2012. Social Stratification and Inequality: Class Conflict in Historical, Comparative, and Global Perspective. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Society – Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia: en.wikipedia.org
- Types of Society – Sociology Guide: sociologyguide.com
Merriam-Webster. (N.d.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Princeton University. 2010. WordNet. (https://wordnet.princeton.edu/).
Random House Webster’s College Dictionary. 1997. New York: Random House.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “egalitarian society.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 24, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/egalitarian-authority/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
egalitarian society. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/egalitarian-authority/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “egalitarian society.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 24, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/egalitarian-authority/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“egalitarian society.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 24 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/egalitarian-authority/>.