Definition of Agreement Reality
Examples of Agreement Reality
Agreement Reality Pronunciation
Syllabification: a·gree·ment re·al·i·ty
- American English – /uh-grEE-muhnt ree-A-luh-tee/
- British English – /uh-grEE-muhnt ri-A-li-tee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /əˈgrimənt ˌriˈæləˌti/
- British English – /əˈgriːmənt ri(ː)ˈælɪti/
- Plural: agreement realities
- Agreement reality is what a group of people “know” to be true but cannot necessarily prove.
- Also called consensus reality.
- Word origin of “agreement” and “reality” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Consensus reality – Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia: wikipedia.org
- linguistic relativity
- social constructionism
- Thomas theorem
Abercrombie, Nicholas, Stephen Hill, and Bryan Turner. 2006. The Penguin Dictionary of Sociology. 5th ed. London: Penguin.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. 5th ed. 2011. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Macmillan. (N.d.) Macmillan Dictionary. (https://www.macmillandictionary.com/).
Merriam-Webster. (N.d.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “agreement reality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 27, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/agreement-reality/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
agreement reality. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/agreement-reality/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “agreement reality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 27, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/agreement-reality/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“agreement reality.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 27 Oct. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/agreement-reality/>.