Definition of Personified Supernatural Force
(noun) A force and power that resides in supernatural beings such as gods and spirits.
Example of Personified Supernatural Force
- In Catholicism, the Virgin Mary.
Personified Supernatural Force Pronunciation
Syllabification: per·son·i·fied su·per·nat·u·ral force
- American English – /puhr-sAHn-uh-fied soo-puhr-nAch-uhr-ruhl fORs/
- British English – /puh-sOn-i-fied syoo-puh-nAch-uh-ruhl fAWs/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /pərˈsɑnəˌfaɪd ˌsupərˈnæʧərəl fɔrs/
- British English – /pɜːˈsɒnɪfaɪd ˌsjuːpəˈnæʧrəl fɔːs/
- Plural: personified supernatural forces
- Personified supernatural force is compared and contrasted to mana.
- Religion Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “personify” and “supernatural” and “force” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
Cite the Definition of Personified Supernatural Force
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “personified supernatural force.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved June 5, 2023 (https://sociologydictionary.org/personified-supernatural-force/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
personified supernatural force. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/personified-supernatural-force/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “personified supernatural force.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed June 5, 2023. https://sociologydictionary.org/personified-supernatural-force/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“personified supernatural force.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 5 Jun. 2023. <https://sociologydictionary.org/personified-supernatural-force/>.