Definitions of Grandmother
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈɡræn(d)ˌməðər/
- British English – /ˈɡran(d)ˌmʌðə/
- Plural: grandmothers
- A great grandmother (great-grandmother) is the grandmother of an individual’s parent.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “grandmother” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “grandmother.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 7, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/grandmother/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
grandmother. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/grandmother/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “grandmother.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 7, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/grandmother/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“grandmother.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 7 Dec. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/grandmother/>.