Definition of Descent Group
Examples of Descent Group
Descent Group Pronunciation
Syllabification: de·scent group
- American English – /di-sEnt grOOp/
- British English – /di-sEnt grOOp/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /dɪˈsɛnt grup/
- British English – /dɪˈsɛnt gruːp/
- Plural: descent groups
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “descent” and “group” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- matrilineal descent
- nonunilineal descent
- unilineal descent
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “descent group.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved April 21, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/descent-group/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
descent group. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/descent-group/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “descent group.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed April 21, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/descent-group/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“descent group.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Apr. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/descent-group/>.