Definition of Trend Study
(noun) A study that examines a specific characteristic of a population over time.
Example of Trend Study
- The United States census that happens every ten years (decennially) collects information on the shifting demographics of the country.
Trend Study Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (trend stud·y)
- Plural: trend studies
- A trend study is longitudinal and does not require the same sample for each observation.
- Quantitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “trend” and “study” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- random sample
- spurious correlation
- statistical analysis
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “trend study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 21, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/trend-study/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
trend study. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/trend-study/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “trend study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 21, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/trend-study/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“trend study.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/trend-study/>.