Definition of Spouse
- American English – /spOUs/
- British English – /spOUz/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /spaʊs/
- British English – /spaʊs/
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “spouse” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “spouse.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved July 5, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/spouse/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
spouse. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/spouse/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “spouse.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed July 5, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/spouse/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“spouse.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 5 Jul. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/spouse/>.