Definition of Sexual Minority
Sexual Minority Pronunciation
Syllabification: sex·u·al mi·nor·i·ty
- American English – /sEk-shuh-wuhl muh-nOR-uh-tee/
- British English – /sEk-syuuhl mie-nOr-i-tee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈsɛkʃuəl maɪˈnɔrəti/
- British English – /ˈsɛksjʊəl maɪˈnɒrɪti/
- Plural: sexual minorities
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “sexual” and “minority” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “sexual minority.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved November 28, 2023 (https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-minority/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
sexual minority. (2016). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-minority/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2016. “sexual minority.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed November 28, 2023. https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-minority/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“sexual minority.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2016. Web. 28 Nov. 2023. <https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-minority/>.