Definition of Sexual Discrimination
Sexual Discrimination Pronunciation
Syllabification: sex·u·al dis·crim·i·na·tion
- American English – /sEk-shuh-wuhl di-skrim-uh-nAY-shuhn/
- British English – /sEk-syuuhl dis-krim-i-nAY-shuhn/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈsɛkʃuəl dɪˌskrɪməˈneɪʃən/
- British English – /ˈsɛksjʊəl dɪsˌkrɪmɪˈneɪʃən/
- Plural: sexual discriminations
- Also called sex discrimination.
- A (noun) sexual discriminator (verb) discriminates in a sexual discriminatory or (adjective) sexual discriminative manner.
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “sexual” and “discrimination” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “sexual discrimination.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved July 27, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-discrimination/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
sexual discrimination. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-discrimination/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “sexual discrimination.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed July 27, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-discrimination/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“sexual discrimination.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 27 Jul. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/sexual-discrimination/>.