Definition of Self-report Study
(noun) A study in which participants, rather than researchers, record answers.
Self-report Study Pronunciation
Syllabification: self re·port stud·y
- American English – /sel-fri-pORt stUHd-ee/
- British English – /self-ri-pAWt stUHd-ee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /sɛlf-rɪˈpɔrt ˈstʌdi/
- British English – /sɛlf-rɪˈpɔːt ˈstʌdi/
- Plural: self-report studies
- Variant spelling: selfreport study
- Qualitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Quantitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “self-” and “report” and “study” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- qualitative research
- quantitative research
- statistical analysis
Bilton, Tony, Kevin Bonnett, Pip Jones, David Skinner, Michelle Stanworth, and Andrew Webster. 1996. Introductory Sociology. 3rd ed. London: Macmillan.
Carrabine, Eamonn, Pam Cox, Maggy Lee, Ken Plummer, and Nigel South. 2009. Criminology: A Sociological Introduction. 2nd ed. London: Routledge.
Griffiths, Heather, Nathan Keirns, Eric Strayer, Susan Cody-Rydzewski, Gail Scaramuzzo, Tommy Sadler, Sally Vyain, Jeff Bry, Faye Jones. 2016. Introduction to Sociology 2e. Houston, TX: OpenStax.
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “self-report study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 19, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/self-report-study/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
self-report study. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/self-report-study/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “self-report study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 19, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/self-report-study/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“self-report study.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 19 Oct. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/self-report-study/>.