Definition of Same Gender Loving
(noun) An Afrocentric sexual identity that refers to an individual who is sexually attracted to those of the same gender identity.
Same Gender Loving Pronunciation
Syllabification: same gen·der lov·ing
- American English – /sAYm jEn-duhr lUHv-ing/
- British English – /sAYm jEn-duh lUHv-ing/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /seɪm ˈʤɛndər ˈlʌvɪŋ/
- British English – /seɪm ˈʤɛndə ˈlʌvɪŋ/
- Abbreviation: SGL
- This term correlates with the terms gay and bisexual used within other communities.
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “same” and “gender” and “loving” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Rosenblum, Karen Elaine, and Toni-Michelle Travis. 2016. The Meaning of Difference: American Constructions of Race, Sex and Gender, Social Class, Sexual Orientation, and Disability. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Cite the Definition of Same Gender Loving
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2017. “same gender loving.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved March 28, 2023 (https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
same gender loving. (2017). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2017. “same gender loving.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed March 28, 2023. https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“same gender loving.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2017. Web. 28 Mar. 2023. <https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/>.