Definition of Same Gender Loving
Same Gender Loving Pronunciation
Syllabification: same gen·der lov·ing
- American English – /sAYm jEn-duhr lUHv-ing/
- British English – /sAYm jEn-duh lUHv-ing/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /seɪm ˈʤɛndər ˈlʌvɪŋ/
- British English – /seɪm ˈʤɛndə ˈlʌvɪŋ/
- Abbreviation: SGL
- This term correlates with the terms gay and bisexual used within other communities.
- Sex and Gender Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “same” and “gender” and “loving” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Rosenblum, Karen Elaine, and Toni-Michelle Travis. 2016. The Meaning of Difference: American Constructions of Race, Sex and Gender, Social Class, Sexual Orientation, and Disability. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2017. “same gender loving.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 4, 2022 (https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
same gender loving. (2017). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2017. “same gender loving.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 4, 2022. https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“same gender loving.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2017. Web. 4 Oct. 2022. <https://sociologydictionary.org/same-gender-loving/>.