Definition of Revitalization Movement
(noun) An organized attempt by a group to build a society or culture that is more attuned to their beliefs, values, or traditional way of life; typically in response to a rapid change in a society or culture.
Examples of Revitalization Movement
Etymology of Revitalization Movement
Revitalization Movement Pronunciation
Syllabification: re·vi·tal·i·za·tion move·ment
- American English – /ree-vie-tuh-luh-zAY-shuhn mOOv-muhnt/
- British English – /ree-vie-tuh-lie-zAY-shuhn mOOv-muhnt/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English: /ɹiˌvaɪtələˈzeɪʃən ˈmuvmənt/
- British English: /ɹiːˌvaɪt(ə)laɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n ˈmuːvmənt/
- Plural: revitalization movements
- Word origin of “revitalization” and “movement” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Lanternari, Vittorio. 1963. The Religions of the Oppressed: A Study of Modern Messianic Cults. New York: A. A. Knopf.
- Mooney, James. 1965. The Ghost Dance Religion: Smohalla and his Doctrine. Seattle, WA: Shorey Book Store.
- Worsley, Peter. 1957. The Trumpet Shall Sound: A Study of “Cargo” Cults in Melanesia. London: MacGibbon & Kee.
Scott, John, and Gordon Marshall. 2005. A Dictionary of Sociology. New York: Oxford University Press.
Tischler, Henry L. 2011. Introduction to Sociology. 10th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “revitalization movement.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved September 24, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/revitalization-movement/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
revitalization movement. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/revitalization-movement/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “revitalization movement.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed September 24, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/revitalization-movement/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“revitalization movement.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 24 Sep. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/revitalization-movement/>.