Definition of Raw Data
Examples of Raw Data
- interview audio
- uncoded survey results
Raw Data Pronunciation
Syllabification: raw da·ta
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /rɑ ˈdeɪtə/
- British English – /rɔː ˈdeɪtə/
- Also called:
- primary data
- source data
- Qualitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Quantitative Research Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “raw” and “data” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “raw data.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved November 14, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/raw-data/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
raw data. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/raw-data/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “raw data.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed November 14, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/raw-data/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“raw data.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 14 Nov. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/raw-data/>.