(noun) “The systematic scientific investigation of quantitative properties and phenomena and their relationships, using statistical methods” (Wiktionary n.d.)
Audio Pronunciation: (quan·ti·ta·tive re·search)
Download Audio Pronunciation: quantitative research.mp3
- Plural: quantitative researches
- Quantitative research is compared and contrasted to qualitative research.
- Quantitative research is often viewed as reductionistic whereas qualitative is view as holistic. However, quantitative and qualitative research are complementary not contradictory.
- Variant form: quantititive
- Also called:
- quantitative analysis
- quantitative data analysis
- quantitative method
- quantitative research method
- quantitative sociology
- Researchers (adverb) quantitatively study a topic’s (noun) quantitativeness to determine the appropriate research method.