(noun) Any condition or practice that involves romantic or sexual relationships with multiple consenting partners.
- Open marriage or plural marriage.
- Quinn, Alex, Elliot, and Tracy are in a group marriage and have sexual relations with each other one-on-one or as a group.
Audio Pronunciation: (poly·am·ory)
Download Audio Pronunciation: polyamory.mp3
- Polyamory used in a sentence: My partner and I are in an open relationship and enjoy polyamory.
- A (noun) polyamorist engages in a (adjective) polyamorous or (adjective) polyamoristic marriage.
- Coltrane, Scott. 2004. Families and Society: Classic and Contemporary Readings. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.
- O’Brien, Jodi. 2009. Encyclopedia of Gender and Society. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.