Definition of Physical Anthropology
Physical Anthropology Pronunciation
Syllabification: phys·i·cal an·thro·pol·o·gy
- American English – /fIz-i-kuhl an-thruh-pAHl-uh-jee/
- British English – /fIz-i-kuhl an-thruh-pOl-uh-jee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈfɪzɪkəl ˌænθrəˈpɑləʤi/
- British English – /ˈfɪzɪkəl ˌænθrəˈpɒləʤi/
- Plural: physical anthropologies
- A (noun) physical anthropologist (adverb) anthropologically studies culture to create (adjective) physical anthropologic or (adjective) physical anthropological works.
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “physical anthropology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 22, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/physical-anthropology/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
physical anthropology. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/physical-anthropology/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “physical anthropology.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 22, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/physical-anthropology/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“physical anthropology.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 22 Oct. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/physical-anthropology/>.