Definitions of Niece
- (noun) The female child (daughter) of an individual’s brother or sister.
- (noun) The female child (daughter) of an individual’s spouse’s brother or sister.
- Plural: nieces
- Nephew is the male version of niece.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “niece” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “niece.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 21, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/niece/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
niece. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/niece/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “niece.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 21, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/niece/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“niece.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 21 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/niece/>.